Thursday, June 3, 2010

World Cup Personal Ads

The World Cup can be a great jumping off point for a player's career, especially if you come from one of the lesser known teams.  While it's likely we won't see anything on par with the amazing Michael Owen brochure from last summer, expect players to try and market themselves while in South Africa.  Whether it's through their play on the field or their time in the media spotlight, the next month is the perfect opportunity for every man involved to post his very own personal ad.

Today, we look at the Craigslist Ads posted by two of the players potentially on the hunt for a good team next year.



Chill Creative Midfielder ISO Hot, Older Club Team - 22 (Napoli)
Posted by Marek Hamsik in Strictly Platonic: m4mmmmmmmmmm

hey dudes wassup?  lol.  been playing 4 a boring but fun team n Italy... l00king 2 make a change ;)  im 22, play attack/mid.  into passing, scoring, not relly n tha mood 4 dfence but will 4 tha rite coach.


u shuld be older then me, RICH$$$ and play in a BIG league.  i liek teh spotlite, so id better b a Starter LOL.  i dont werk 4 free, so u better b reddy to pay.  i kno i l00k good and play better so u kno that im worth it.  


holla at me.

* Location: Napoli
* It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

                                                                          

I was visiting, you were totally talented... - 20 (Kingston upon Hull)
Posted by Jozy Altidore in Missed Connections: m4TopHalfTeam

I'm a young, single black man who was in town from Spain for work.  We met twice in person, but I watched you every weekend on TV.  I'm the tall, strong guy who was running around near your defenders.


Anyway, I really liked the way you moved with the ball, and your friends seemed like cool guys.  I think we may have had a connection, but I can't be sure.  Maybe both of us were just too shy to make the first move.  


If you see this and think there might be something between us to explore, send me a message.  Tell me who I headbutted on Sunderland so I know it's really you.


*Location: Hull
*It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.





3 comments:

  1. I only respond to generou$ personal ads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Marek Hamsik post is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marek Hamsik's handlers (if he has any) need to pitch him starring in 'Sicilia Shore' to some Italian TV execs. I would watch. This could work, he just needs a good nickname.

    ReplyDelete