Saturday, June 5, 2010

Terrified.

Yuck.

The US is tied 1-1 against Australia in the 20th minute off goals from Edson Buddle and Tim Cahill.  It's the final friendly before we play England in one week, and I don't care if we lose this game 1-7; all I want is for no one else to get injured before our actual games.  I guess if Findley wanted to score when he has an open goal, that would be nice, too.


You know, I think I might be the only person in America who likes vuvuzelas.  They don't sound pretty, but they add a rhythm to the game you don't often have at internationals.  National teams aren't like club teams in that it's harder to organize a solid fan-base who know all the songs, all the cheers, etc.  The presence of the vuvuzela at least lets you know that the spectators are always involved in the game.

I'll be away until tomorrow afternoon, but expect a robo-post I pre-wrote to show up sometime this afternoon.  The only other thing of note this morning is that Nigeria's star midfielder, John Obi Mikel, will now miss the tournament with an undisclosed injury.  If one more big player gets hurt, I will be officially convinced that South Africa is cursed.

-ZGS

1 comment:

  1. I play a mean Vuvuzela! When the Wizards won the MLS in 2001 I had season tickets and I was getting all the fans pumped with my whale mating calls.

    ReplyDelete