Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day Twenty Two Wrap Up.

I'm tired.  It's almost 2:00 AM.  Here goes:

Hup Holland.  Giovanni van Bronckhorst's goal was incredible.  Forlan's goal was not too bad, either (I don't blame Skeletonburg as much as others seem to).  Van Persie was not offside when Sneijder took his shot.  There is no controversy.  I've never seen Robben score with anything other than his left foot before.  Uruguay made a mistake in subbing off Forlan.  They deserved a second goal.  They've had a great tournament.  The Dutch deserved to win, though.  I wouldn't count Uruguay out for third place, either.


This game was really entertaining.  Five goals in a semi is more than I expected in this modern age.  If Sneijder wasn't still in the competition, I would list Forlan as player of the tournament.  Think about what he would do if he had David Villa's supporting cast.  The man is an INSANE player.  My list for MVP so far:

1)  Wesley Sneijder
2)  Diego Forlan
3)  David Villa
4)  Miroslav Klose
5)  Bastien Schweinsteiger

Tomorrow, I have no clue what to expect from Germany vs Spain.  Germany is playing Hasselhoff the hook at the moment (see what I did there?!?!?!?), but Spain has yet to have a truly GOOD game, which means they could blow up at any time.

Whatever happens, I guarantee you that the final is going to be interesting.  The Dutch, the Spanish and Ze Germans are all attacking teams; I can't see this tournament ending in a 0-0 tie.

-ZGS

PS:  Uruguayan forward Edinson Cavani has braces, which I think is AWESOME.  I am totally not making fun of him at all.  It takes serious BALLS to be in the public eye and have braces.

For realsies.

Big up, Cavani.

No comments:

Post a Comment