Saturday, July 10, 2010
Oh, Diego. I already miss your musk.
The Third Place Game at the World Cup have and will always follows the exact same format:
1) The teams take the field and really could care less. It's not the final.
2) The first half commences and both teams don't fucking care.
3) Half-hearted play.
4) Somebody can't help but score a goal, so they do.
5) Immediately, everyone cares.
6) The game gets SUPER INTERESTING.
(Uruguay's keeper Fernando Muslera handed Mueller his goal, by the way. It was SAD. I think he got Jabulanied. He looked like an idiot. He continued to look like an idiot all game.)
Roger Fucking Daltrey. And David Caruso, I guess. 2-1, Uruguay.
I was fairly convinced it was over, at this point. Uruguay is a strong defensive team and Germany had been playing with their Plan B line-up for most of the game. My mistake was forgetting that Muslera was about to go on a rampage, an IDIOT RAMPAGE.
Ok. I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow.
Posted by ZGS at 11:07 PM